To join our global chat rooms you can can join by the following:
Connect via a web browser:
[Click here] to be chatting. (hosted by Mibbit)
How to connect with mIRC:
– Download mIRC from http://www.mirc.com
– Fill in appropriate fields and hist OK
– Type in status window
-A channel window should pop up asking you what channel u want to join, type #techcafe
If channel channel window does not pop up just type /join #techcafe in the status window
TechCafe.Net does provide encryption for its users. Please enable SSL in IRC client and connect to TCP port 6697
Our MOTD Governing The Use Of Our Servers
# All Users of This Server Are Responsible for Knowing and abiding by the following policy and procedures. By continuing your connection to this server, it is expressly implied that you agree to do so as well as be subject to all of the terms as stated below. Abusive acts will NOT be tolerated here.
# Users MUST have PRIOR approval before running BOTS. Permanent G-lines will be issued for users who abuse these services. Clones are subject to an immediate kill without notice for any reason deemed necessary by an Admin or Oper.
# Respect for other users shall generally be given by all those who use this server.
# Aassume absolutely NO responsibility for the content of any data packets which are received or transmitted by this server. This medium is totally unregulated. Parents should always monitor the activity of minor children. We do not censor content, although by not doing so in no way purports to represent our approval of such material. TechCafe will co-operate with law enforcement officials in any criminal investigation concerning illegal activities of those logged on to this server and upon the presentation of a court order, will furnish associated logs.
# We reserve the right to terminate any connection to this server at any time for any reason without prior notice or explanation.
# In addition, the following policy has now been adopted and is in effect:
- User agrees to behave in an ethical manner regarding the use of service from the TechCafe.Net IRC Network. By retaining a connection to any part of the TechCafe IRC Network, you state that you know and are willing to comply and accept these as well as any future terms of service, network policies, and user guidelines.
- User further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the TechCafe.Net, all server hosts and their owners, employees, and agents for any consequences of their actions.
- User also agrees to abide by all state and federal laws governing the use of telecommunications and computers in their respective country. Users understand that the TechCafe.Net exercises no control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through the Internet.
# TechCafe.Net makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing. TechCafe.Net also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness of a particular purpose.
# TechCafe.Net will not be responsible for any damage you suffer. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries, or service interruptions cause by its own negligence or your errors or omissions. Use of the TechCafe IRC Network, or of any information obtained via our service is at your own risk.
# TechCafe.Net specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its services. TechCafe administrators reserve the right to deny access to and use of the
# TechCafe IRC network and/or any of its other resources, including but not limited to channel services, technical mailing lists, and Web based services, to any user, group, site, or domain without the benefit of prior warning or notification. Please read the additional terms included on the MOTD of the server when you connect.